Every kind of online engagement of business firms intends to elevate revenue by generating and converting leads. We are all familiar with websites or web pages as the most common platform for the online presence of a business firm. Unlike webpages which are created for a comprehensive exploration of the firm, landing pages are customized to offer and lead visitors to a single CTA (call to action). Landing page optimization can provide ample opportunities for an enterprise to thrive. Landing page best practices expand to crafting, catching headlines, and compelling copy, adding a precise and standout CTA, choosing offer-illustrating images, etc.
Since landing pages play a crucial role in paddling your brand forward, knowing about every component of crafting them is also essential. Landing page conversion rates can be handsomely improved by adorning landing pages creatively. There are plenty of landing page builders available to help you with the whole process of framing one. Here is an expanded view of the construction bricks of a landing page; let’s go deeper.
Landing Page And Its Components
As mentioned earlier, a landing page is customized to provide and lead visitors to a single call to action. It is a standalone web page to which users are immediately directed as they click email CTA, advertisements, or a social media link. Other web pages are focused on several goals, whereas landing pages intend to convert visitors to qualified leads. Click-through pages, lead capture pages, splash pages, etc., are some of the most familiar types of landing pages. All types of landing pages are ultimately chasing the same dream of generating leads. The principal segments of a pleasing landing page are the following;
Call To Action (CTA)
A call to action, or CTA, is the key atone of every landing page. The call to action button should captivate the visitor’s attention to click it and convert. If the call to action is personalized instead of generic, landing page conversion rates will definitely be heightened.
Headline And Visuals
When visitors anchor on your landing page, they should be immediately struck with what benefit they can get from it. Hence always make sure your headline conveys the use clearly to the visitors so that within seconds they will grasp the intention of the page. You can make your landing page attractive by adding images and videos that match your page’s intention. Major landing page builders like HubSpot Marketing Hub, Mailchimp All-in-one Marketing Platform, Wix, Duda, etc., help you make your page eye-catching with suitable headlines and visuals.
Copy And Description
Content is the key element that guides the customers to take action. Hence using compelling copies and descriptions is of high importance. They should concentrate on your distinctive selling proposal and offer and be strict about featuring only one offer. Including more than one will decrease the conversion rate and can not be considered among landing page best practices.
A lead form collects lead data and contact information, without which you can’t generate leads. The lead form should be positioned in the upper half of the landing page to make it visible to the visitors without having to scroll down the page.
How To Create Landing Pages
The creation of a landing page is a thoughtful task. First, you have to ensure your page has all the crucial components mentioned above, which have unique roles in making the landing page optimization successful. Now let’s look at how landing pages are being created.
- By creatively organizing the above-mentioned landing page elements, you can create the perfect layout for your perfect landing page. Be sure that your CTA and lead form stay in the upper half of the page for maximum visibility. Arrange lesser important details like feature list and social proof below the fold. Make use of attractive landing page templates, also.
- Make sure that your landing page flows naturally, avoiding the stuffing of information and including enough negative or empty spaces of any color gradient. Landing page templates can help you a great deal with establishing an exemplary layout.
- Assure that your visitors see the relevant details in less than five seconds. A blink test will help you keep the most important information on the fold. To make the content easy to grasp, keep copies and descriptions short. You can also use bullet points to make them stand out.
- You should select the color palette and pattern of the landing page syncing to your brand’s color to make it consistent for various campaigns.
- CTA is the landing page’s action area, which includes copy and button. It must have vibrant and contrasting colors to be easily recognizable.
- CTA copy shouldn’t exceed five words and employ action verbs like “Click,” “Download,” etc., to encourage action.
- Include negative or void spaces surrounding the CTA button and place it at the spot of maximum visibility.
- Run an A/B test for the CTA elements to determine what functions adequately.
How Are Landing Pages Used
It is obvious by now that the ultimate aim of a landing page is to generate leads, and it can do wonders in the whole process of increasing brand awareness. Visitors to a landing page are from various channels like social media, email, PPC ads, etc. Let’s elaborate on the use of landing pages.
- PPC Ads: Pay-Per-Click ads will pop up everywhere your potential customers are engaged online. They will boost the reach of your brand and, when clicked upon, will redirect the visitors to the PPC landing page, where visitors are most likely to be converted to leads.
- Social Media Ads: Unlike PPC ads, social media ads won’t pop up anywhere. They are restricted to social media platforms, where potential customers are most engaged, and they will also redirect the visitors to the designated landing pages.
- Email Campaigns: Landing pages for email marketing campaigns will help you keep your email copy precise and attractive. The email campaign landing page will direct the visitors down to the sales funnel and encourage them to make purchases.
- Mobile Landing Page: The mobile landing page is specifically designed and used to convert mobile device users. Like regular landing pages, mobile landing page plays the role of a welcome launch for the users from the marketing campaigns, search results, online referrals, etc.
- Responsive Landing Page: A responsive landing page is designed and used for the purpose of adapting to different devices. A better responsive landing page can adapt to any device’s screen size without affecting its outlook. Page resolution is automatically adjusted; tablet and mobile devices with a responsive landing page are more convenient since the web page can be adjusted according to its orientation and screen size.